As a leader in the debt recovery enforcement sector, the Bristow and Sutor Group of companies have been operating for over 40 years’ supporting hundreds of local authorities and Transport for London. You will be joining Bristow & Sutor during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the future. We have made our company a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for our local authorities and Transport for London.
With offices based in Redditch, close to both the M40/M42 motorway network, we are easily accessible from Birmingham, Worcestershire and Warwickshire.
We have an opportunity for a senior analyst/ data scientist to help Bristow & Sutor transform into a truly insight and data driven organisation. Over that last 24 months we have brought three businesses together and we are now moving on to the next phase of our journey using the power of the combined data to transform how we do business
If you have a passion for insight from data and using statistical models to drive business performance, make business impact through this and support the building of a data driven organisation both technically and culturally, then this is the role for you.
This role will involve
• Supporting the insight and data team and the wider business in understanding the information they have and driving the right measures that will lead to improved business performance.
• Feed insights, analysis and recommendations into operational discussions, regular reporting, and post implementation reviews
• Developing our modelling and machine learning approach supporting our move to data driving decisions
• Provide regular reporting to enable data led measurement of commercial activity and initiatives.
• Supporting the delivery of a business wide operational change programme using data to improve business performance and identify new opportunities.
• Develop explain and implement statistical and machine learning models to drive key business decisions.
• Develop insights and recommendations rather than just data facts feeding into strategic initiatives to providing understanding of performance versus targets and controls – A/B & multivariant testing.
• Maintain an important level of awareness of key operational metrics required and how these are changing.
• Interrogate our case database to analyse debtor behaviour and glean actionable insights to feed into business decisions.
• Document and present analytics to senior audiences in a way which easily understood by those who are non-technical.
• Support in the structural development of data and reporting helping to guide how these can aid the business in faster and better design making.
• High numeric capability evidenced degree or equivalent qualification.
• Essential: SQL or Python, Advanced Excel
• Essential: Experience in developing and using statical models and machine learning in a business setting
• Desirable: PowerBI, Tableau, Databricks, Alteryx
• Experience data wrangling within Microsoft Azure and Alteryx an advantage
• Ability to manage multiple partners, prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines.
• Ability to clearly communicate actionable insights and complex findings to key business partners.
• Ability to work both independently as well as part of a Team.
This is a full-time, permanent role offering a Hybrid working pattern.
Basic Salary of between £50,000 and £65,000 per annum depending on experience
Company Pension Scheme
On Site Parking
The successful applicant would be required to undertake a DBS and CCJ check before an offer of employment is made.
Bristow and Sutor Group is an equal opportunities employer. It promotes a culture where diversity is valued, respected and built upon, attracts and retains a workforce based on merit and ability and is reflective of the communities it is part of.