As part of our growth plans, Credit Style are looking are looking to strengthen our team based from offices just north of Sheffield City Centre. We are part of the Bristow & Sutor Group – employing over 500 people, in debt recovery, throughout the UK.
Basic salary is from £21,000 up to £27,000 (depending on experience) + monthly bonus potential of up to £300.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Manage a Defended caseload via a diary system to take appropriate follow up action
- Review High Value or Complex pre-legal debts to assess suitability for legal action
- Pursue defended claims through small claims, fast track and multi-track by drafting pleadings, witness statements and producing court bundles.
- Advise clients on legal matters, prospects for successful recovery and assist with overcoming disputes and reasons for non-payment
- Work with courts, enforcement agencies and other suppliers to ensure high standards of service are maintained at all times
- Insolvency Action for Bankruptcy/Winding Up Petitions
- Return of Goods Claims
- Such other duties as may be required
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- A law degree and have previous practical experience of legal collections
- Previous experience in running a Defended caseload on the Small Claims Track is preferred
- Good IT skills – able to adapt and use new systems.
- Problem solving skills - able to look for solutions and agree these with customers.
- Confidence in making and receiving telephone calls.
- Clear communication capabilities – both written and verbal.
- The ability to work to targets – earning more based on success.
- Confidence to deal with a variety of people in different situations.
This a full-time permanent role working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, based in our Sheffield offices (S3 postcode area).
The successful applicant would be required to undertake a DBS and CCJ check and other background checks before an offer of employment is made.
Bristow and Sutor Group is an equal opportunities employer. It promotes a culture where diversity is valued, respected and built upon, attracts and retains a workforce based on merit and ability and is reflective of the communities it is part of.